St. Joseph Medical Center
Case Manager RN
Under the direction of the Director of Case Management, coordinates patients care from admission, through hospitalization, to post-discharge follow-up with emphasis on collaborative relationships with patients and families, clinical nurses, physicians, social workers and other health care team members to best meet the patients physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. Specifically, the Case Manager uses a problem solving process that includes assessment, problem identification, goal definition, plan development, evaluation and revision of the plan to achieve optimum patient outcomes.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Associate's Degree in Nursing, Social Work, or related medical field.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse accepted by Texas State Board of Nursing to engage in professional nursing or Licensed as a Social Worker provided by the Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners.
- Two years experience as a Clinical Nurse, proficient in clinical and technical skills in nursing specialty; leadership and teaching skills in order to gain a full understanding of case management practices and procedures.
- Minimum of one 3 years experience involving care management/utilization review responsibility in an acute care hospital and/or managed care setting.
- Must possess a thorough working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and managed care utilization review requirements. Must be familiar with federal, state and accreditation standards as they relate to care management and utilization review.
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to patient care/area.
- Certification requirements as defined by the certification policy.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Technical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to clinical area in
- order to effectively communicate with patients and physicians.
- Ability to speak clearly enabling patients and the like easy comprehension.
- Ability to write and print legibly.
- Demonstration of customer focused skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Master of Science in Nursing or doctorate
- degree in nursing.
- National Certification as recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing
- Bi or Multilingual.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Low cost parking
- Loan repayment assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual Employee Wellness Check
- Up to 20% Employee Discount - Gift Shop, Onsite Cafe and Cafeteria
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED