St. Joseph Medical Center
CT Tech PDM
Promotes quality patient care through the performance of diagnostic and invasive CT scan procedures utilizes appropriate technique, established protocols, physician direction, and age specific guidelines. Maintains thorough knowledge of contrast agents, CT scanners, injector systems, supplies, radiation safety and quality assurance guidelines and applies such knowledge in day to day performance of duties.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently supports and communicates the Mission, Vision and Values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
2. Follows the St. Joseph Medical Center Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
3. Promotes a culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
- Prepares patient for procedure by noting appropriate medical history, carefully screening patients for contrast reactions, noting the correct physician order and maintaining rigid adherence to department safety standards.
- Adjusts personal schedule to accommodate department workload including on-call when required. Assists others in the department as time and schedule permits.
- Performs daily calibrations of CT scanners, temperature checks on contrast warmers, cleans scanning area after each shift, and stocks supplies as needed. Maintains all equipment in safe and satisfactory working order.
- Provides Radiologist with assistance during complex or invasive procedures, including room and supply preparation.
- Consistently able to respond to high volume situations in addition to routine schedule without sacrificing accuracy/quality. Must meet modality specific departmental productivity standards.
- Displays cooperative attitude and communicates effectively with Radiologists, other medical imaging areas, and /or other hospital departments to expedite patient care.
- Completes order entry and exam data entry functions in radiology information management system. Must be able to access and retrieve information from PACS system.
11. Supportive of the compliance program set forth by SJMC and demonstrated by:
- Upholds the Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance.
- Adheres to and helps to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
- Assures timely compliance education as requested by the Compliance Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
12. Sets an example to all staff in their daily activities.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- One year experience in CT imaging
- Current Texas Department of State Health Services License.
- Current American Heart BLS certification.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Graduate from an approved/accredited School of Radiologic Technology required.
- Technical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with physicians, health team members, patients and families.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.